Over the last week and a half, I’ve found myself constantly checking the date. Is it somehow 1969? Is it 1986? Are the Amazin’ Mets really back at it? After a 10-win homestand, and a 11-game winning streak, it certainly seems like some auspicious things are brewing up in Flushing. Even the gravity-defying Bartolo Colon is dominating with his sub-90 mph fastball.
As any true Mets fan will attest, good fortune does not come with frequency. So as we revel in the success of our lovable underdogs of summer, let’s drink and vibe out to some Mets-inspired tunes.
1. Meet the Mets – Yo La Tengo
2. Piazza, New York Catcher – Belle and Sebastian
3. Take Me Out to the Ball Game – King Curtis
4. Lost Weekend – The So So Glos
5. Baseball Boogie – Mabel Scott
6. Doin’ It – LL Cool J
7. Joset of Nazareth’s Blues – Titus Andronicus
8. Did You See Jackie Robinson Hit That Ball – Buddy Johnson
THE WILD HONEY PIE IS AN ONLINE PUBLICATION, MUSIC MEDIA, AND EVENTS PROMOTION COLLECTIVE BASED IN BROOKLYN, NEW YORK. WE WRITE ABOUT, FILM WITH, AND THROW CONCERTS FOR THE BANDS WE LOVE.
WE'VE HAD OUR VIDEOS FEATURED ON THE NEW YORK TIMES, CONSEQUENCE OF SOUND, BUSHWICK DAILY, ALL THINGS GO, ROLLING STONE, AND HAVE PARTNERED WITH BURT'S BEES, SQUARESPACE, MAILCHIMP, KOHLER, JUSTIN'S, STEVE'S ICE CREAM, EVENTBRITE, SEAGATE, AND MORE. CLICK HERE TO INQUIRE ABOUT PARTNERSHIPS!