The Wild Honey Pie is a collective of filmmakers, producers, writers and designers working hard to support genuinely great music. Based in Brooklyn, NY, our internships offer the chance to work on a small team of dedicated, creative individuals, giving candidates an important level of responsibility in the overall operation of the company, while learning a great deal about the dynamics of a growing, fast-paced startup.
To apply for any of the positions below, please send us an email with your cover letter, resume and any relevant/related examples of previous work.
Editorial and Design
This position offers the opportunity to gain insight into the publishing process as well as build experience in crafting social media/marketing strategies, designing for an editorial purpose and understanding the music industry as a whole. You will be in direct contact with publicists and writers to manage the curation of the website and have a direct connection to the articles published. Successful candidates will have a strong desire to promote up-and-coming artists, take initiative in finding new projects and be self-starting to gain new skills.
– Assisting with the publication process, including managing the writing staff, copy editing and producing articles
– Responding to pitch emails and dealing with artists and publicity teams
– Managing social media output from an editorial perspective, helping to craft the overall strategy and voice for our channels
– Designing and posting custom artwork for editorial posts (various skill levels accepted)
– Researching new apps and tools within the music world that might be applicable to our website
– Strong desire to work in music
– Background in creative or music writing (please submit writing samples)
– Basic understanding of design software (multiple applications accepted)
– Interest in and knowledge of various social media platforms
Events and Booking
Enthusiastic, motivated, organized, and music-loving individuals are encouraged to apply for this internship in order to gain insight into concert booking and live event production. This position offers the opportunity to build experience by working directly with artists, managers, publicity teams and venues, managing our event volunteers and street team, and understanding the music industry as a whole. Successful candidates will have a strong desire to learn about what goes into booking a concert and executing a live event, take initiative in finding new projects, and be self-starting to gain new skills.
– Assisting with concert booking, including gathering artist contacts and schedules, researching and staying on top of up-and-coming artists, new venues, locations, and vendors, and maintaining our database
– Following and adding to our promo schedule for events, producing social media output alongside the calendar and keeping track of promotional assets and artwork
– Managing our New York street team
– Leading our event volunteers
– Assisting with event execution on-set, including stage management, artist relations, and hospitality
– Strong grasp on/knowledge of music
– Basic understanding of popular culture, New York City nightlife, and current music scenes
– Experience with event production, performing, hospitality, concert booking, contracts, tour management, venue management, and/or stage managing
– Ability to manage and lead a small team
– A self-motivated, flexible team player
This internship offers the chance to learn more about the video production process as well as build real world experience of the entire production process, from conception to publishing. A majority of the video shoots are focused on live music, with full-scale multi-track audio recorders and multiple cameras capturing the action. Successful candidates will have a strong desire to learn all facets of live productions, take initiative in finding new projects and work well in high-pressure situations.
Day to Day Responsibilities
– Assisting with the production process, including gathering contacts, researching locations and contacting the production staff
– Managing media from multiple projects simultaneously
– Uploading finished media to our website and associated distribution sites
– Strong desire to work in music
– Background in video production (please submit a reel or samples)
– Interest in and knowledge of various production positions
Partnerships and Marketing
The Wild Honey Pie is seeking a motivated, organized intern that is interested in gaining experience in brand partnerships for music events, music video content, our blog’s social media and more. You will learn the steps involved in sourcing brand partners, executing campaigns in digital environments + on-site at events, and analyzing their impact. Successful candidates will have a strong desire to work in the intersection of music and advertising, bringing authentic brand voices to productions large and small.
– Assisting with the brand partnerships process in its entirety
– Contributing to our custom integrated proposals that call for digital, social, video, and live event components
– Drafting copy for social media from a brand partnerships perspective
– Researching information for recaps, new business and new inventory possibilities for event and video production concepts
– Organizing social media analytics
– Researching up-and-coming artists and brand integration trends to include in our proposals
– Working and assisting in the execution of various events
– Strong desire to work in music events, video content creation, brand partnerships, and/or music in general
– Experience with any/all of the following: graphic design, social media management, video production, event production, sales, copywriting, photography, or proposal writing